Friday, September 28, 2012

Not another word!


Somehow, having a "topic for the day" blog has discouraged me from actually blogging. Let me explain.

Every once in a while, I feel like I am somewhat "legitimately" feeling like putting a piece of my life on the internet for the world to see. Even though I know, realistically, the "world" that reads my blog consists of only about 10 people, tops. But I digress.

This morning, I did most of the "morning routine" with the kids. It just so happened that Baby G needed her bottle, and Kalamazoo (one of my favorite nicknames for Kiddo) got up while I was feeding Baby G.

Kalamazoo has been sleeping without pullups, so I want to make sure to encourage him to go potty right away when he gets up. I explained to him that Mommy goes potty right away. So he tells me, "I go potty, then I get dresses."

I wasn't really up for shopping at 6:45am with a kid not wearing anything but a Jammy-Jam shirt... so I got him dressed, instead.

He also got to pick out sister's clothes. She wore cupcakes today, and was all smiles.

I don't typically get the entire morning routine - usually, that's left to the hubs. But this morning? I loved it. Even though I found that I was still in my pajamas at 7am (when I am typically leaving for work). My kids are typically happy in the morning, and on days like today, the hubs can have a few extra minutes to sleep in (which I'm pretty sure he appreciates).
As for me? I don't feel one bit guilty for getting in to work later than usual today -- especially when I've been working pretty hard this week.
Days like today, it's good to be a mom. And it's good to blog again about something other than the "topic" for the month. I should do it more often.