Friday, January 17, 2014

Let's do Coffee - - shall we?

A friend of mine recently posted a "coffee date" post on her blog, and I loved it.  It was just the inspiration I needed to kick me into making a post (with words and everything!) of my own.

It was my friend Mel who pointed me to  Katie who introduced her readers to the Coffee Date Friday series by Rags to Stitches. The idea is to have a chat over some coffee, about anything or everything. 

So... Please join me, on a "coffee date" -  - as I pretend to chat with you just as if we headed to Sola Coffee Cafe (my favorite local coffee shop here in Raleigh) for a hot tea!  (Of course, I could also be convinced to do the formal "afternoon tea" at one of the 5-star hotels in the area - - it is awesome, and it's been a year now since I've been there!)

I got a new camera for my birthday. I'm excited to figure it out and top the 5000+ pictures I took last year (according to hubby, who recently backed up the pictures for me.)  And speaking of my birthday...I wasn't expecting much.  After all, I'm an adult.  But since birthdays are important to my 4 year old - for the first time in a long while, I got to see my birthday differently - from the eyes of a four year old.  And let me tell you.... it was awesome.  My "birthday hug" and wish first thing in the morning, the anticipation of going out to dinner, the excitement about signing a birthday card - - there is absolutely nothing better than the brilliance of a child's excitement.  This is the excitement that I still have for Christmas morning.  And somehow - - this year, I seemed to be the only one (with 9 people and 1 dog in the house) that was ready to open stockings and get breakfast started around 5am.  At least I got a great Christmas Morning picture of the dog:


I need a pedicure. Thankfully, a friend recently booked one for me.  Just 7 more days.

I'm debating signing up to shave my head for st. Baldrick's, to raise money for a children's charity - - but, in the end, I probably don't have the confidence to do it.  But I'm still thinking about it.

We're waiting on passports for the kids to arrive in the mail.  For once in a very long time, we have no trips planned at the moment.  (Perhaps that is at least one of the reasons I've worked myself into a "funk" the last month or so, and need a good kick in the butt to get out of it - - but, I digress.)  We are at least considering and discussing possible trips to either Niagra Falls (including the Canadian side) or Puerto Rico (possibly for an Eastern Carribbean cruise).  At the end of the day - - it is unlikely we will book either of those until after we have passports in hand.  We're at the "waiting" stage, now.  I do have several work trips tenatively planned for this year.  Boston in June, and New York in October, along with a couple short overnights to Florida.

So what have you been up to? Pull up a chair, the more the merrier.