Saturday, June 14, 2014

The next adventure

Today I got to try a new "trendy" water activity!

Unfortunately, it wasn't this:




However, I did do this:



That is... stand-up paddleboarding.

I was a little nervous getting started.  I've done lots of water sports, but this looked a little like surfing (which sounds terrifying to me).  It wasn't nearly as nerve-racking as I expected.  In fact - I had a really awesome time!  The guide (who I am  pretty sure is actually the person in this picture) was really nice.  We got an opportunity to be more adventurous if we chose.  We got to sit, stand, kneel, and even lie-down on the board.

My feet and my core got to use muscles they don't often use!

Anyhow, I had a great time - and I recommend www.triangleglides.com if you are looking for a class!

Hopefully, I will be able to check out one of their segway tours sometime - - as that is definitely on my "list" of activities that I must try!!