Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My kids are growing!

My kids are growing - - and I don't mean size-wise (exactly).

Kiddo started Kindergarten Prep at daycare - - meaning there is only one more year before my first born totes off to school!  Where did the time go?!?!  I'm simultaneously excited, nervous, and scared (I think).  I'm thankful that he is only excited, and not looking back.  After daycare today, he told me "I don't want to go to my old classroom anymore.  I like my new class."  Earlier this morning, he talked and talked and talked about how his splash day now coincides with sister's, and I have to help them BOTH get ready for splash day on Friday.

And in the same breath, my little princess (which I've been calling her ever since they called her that on the last cruise we took) wore underwear (not diapers, not pull-ups) to daycare for the very first time.  It's taken just about all my self control not to self-combust (or, equivalently, not to call daycare to check-in on how much laundry I will have to do this evening).

What's a mama to do?!?!
Sit at work and stew?

My kids are growing up, up, up.
I hope I don't throw up, up, up.

Perhaps tonight, I'll have a beer
and for my kids, I'll say a cheer.

My kids are babies no more.
Let's see what's next in store...