Monday, November 3, 2014

Best Job Ever!

In case you are interested if I will finally post something relevant to my professional life, I must say that I am pleased to disappoint you. :)

The best job in the world... of course... is the job of MOM.

My kids are awesome, and it's time to brag a little.

Now, they have not done anything spectacular in the last week.  But all the same, I have been reflecting on their unique awesomeness.

First, there is my newly dubbed 5 year old.  He is very compassionate, and particularly sweet.  He loves cars and buses - but he loves airplanes more, particularly suitcases and luggage logistics.  Recently, he asked when we will travel to London (thanks to Harry Potter, and a recent discussion where we told him that we had visited.)  He also wants to join us on a trip to Australia one day!  He is happiest when he can play with friends (Mom, can we have a play date?) or do "something fun" (such as our regular weekend adventures to a park, museum, or other local attraction.) He is sensitive and a bit cautious. Yep, he's all-around awesome.

Equally as awesome - in my world - is my soon (too soon!) to be 3 year old.  She adores puzzles and will spend as long as possible on the playground swings ("higher!!  mommy, push me!").  She has a sweet tooth that rivals my own ("Can I have candy?"), and loves her independence.  Of course, a close second to being independent is pretending that she is one of the "big kids" - and copying everything big brother does or says.  She will be a leader one day (which is code to say that she may tend to be a bit bossy once in a while!)  She shows some passion for music (even though we don't play it for her often enough), and she loves to dance!

They are growing- too quickly - and I am enjoying every moment. (Particularly now that the diaper and no communication stage is finally winding down!)