Friday, January 27, 2017

I am blessed.

We had a party!

For my 40th birthday, I had another "theme" party.  The theme?  "40 rocks! Mud Bath."

A rock and mud themed party - but in a very adult-friendly, less-messy way than expected.

The mud bath was really a chocolate fountain.  The rocks were really candy. 

It was a huge success.  

I ended the day feeling loved.  In fact, it's now a week later and I'm still enjoying the after-glow!

I got flowers and a balloon, and several small treasures.

But mostly - - people gathered to show me their love and support.  And truly, I am blessed.

I am grateful for being well connected - for having wonderful, supportive neighbors that have become my friends - and for those friends that support me and our family here in North Carolina.

I am grateful for my two children - who not too grudgingly cleaned their rooms both before and after the party.

And then there is this guy that I married.  My amazing partner.  My sexy husband.  He continues to support and love me.  He is awesome.

Yep, being 40 is going to rock!