Thursday, April 16, 2009

Boobs!

Before I turned 30, I read this book about 99 things you were supposed to do before you turned thirty. One of the things you are supposed to do is to be officially sized for a bra. Ok, no problem.

I went to Victoria Secret, thinking I'd finally splurge on one of the fancy-ish, expensive bras. And when I went, I asked to be measured. Now mind you, I've always been very small on top. I'm a petite girl to begin with (which should be interpreted to mean short more than tiny). And I've always carried my weight more in my hips.

My official measurement was a 34A. And here I'd been wearing a 32B mostly! It was a little sad. I guess I was destined to be tiny-boobed.

Of course, boobs are one of those things you can guarantee will change while you are pregnant. Not only do they begin to fill out, but they begin to actually function for their intended purpose... so at the end of the experience, you can feed your hungry baby!

One of my first pregnancy symptoms/complaints was migraines. The second: Sore boobs.

And now? Well, they aren't so much sore any more. But they are definitely filling out. In the frumpy shirt I have on today, I actually noticed them!

So perhaps that's more about my upper body than you really wanted to know. And perhaps it's more than I should share. Either way, it's a fact of life.