Friday, April 10, 2009

The passing of Trimester Uno...

As of today (ish), I'm technically supposed to be out of my first trimester.

I'm hoping that means no more puking. Please keep you fingers and toes crossed for me!

I have been feeling better lately. I went shopping today - and actually ENJOYED it!! Yay! I didn't lose energy, either. Perhaps the pre-natal yoga DVD earlier today helped. Or perhaps the bike ride I finally went on yesterday. Who knows - - but hopefully it stays this way!

I spent more than I should have on Maternity clothes.. but I figure money spent now (which is still a little early, since I'm still in most of my pre-preg clothes still) will pay off when nothing fits. They even had a "baby bump" I could try stuff on with at the maternity store, so I could think through what I might look like in another several months - yikes!!!

My food likes (cravings?) lately have included dill pickles, any kind of fruit or fruity anything (pop tarts, toaster streudels, carmel apples, pie), mashed potatoes, and lots of soup. Overall, I feel like I'm eating less than I did pre-pregnancy, actually - - but snacking slightly more. I'm also barely starting to gain some weight... but for the most part, I just feel fat and tight. Fat 'cause it's not totally obvious yet that I'm pregnant (although I did get a complement on my maternity tank top today at a restaurant), and tight because everything seems to be stretching - or at the very least, feels like it needs to be or should!

Now, off for another snack so I'm not starving by dinner time...