Friday, May 8, 2009

What is today?

This has been a crazy, whirl-wind week so far! And I think the next two or three months will continue along the warp-speed! Luckily, things will then slow down for at least a little while... of course, once you introduce the baby, who knows what that will mean!

Lately, it's all about travel.

Today (and through the Weekend), I'm enjoying REALLY Sunny Orlando. I have been here since Tuesday evening for a conference, and will soon be escaping the confounds of the hotel to enjoy Universal Studios! I guess I should have connected the dots about Florida being hot and humid - but I was expecting something a little cooler, since it is May (and it hasn't hit 80 more than a handful of days in the Raleigh/Durham area!)

Anyhow, after Orlando, we'll be heading to Kansas in a couple of weeks. Going to visit and spend a couple of days with my family, so hopefully that will go well. Earlier this week, I got news that my uncle passed away. He's the first of the 7 kids in my mom's family to pass away, and as I thought about it, I wondered if he was the first in his generation. I realized a bit later that my Dad was the first...

After finding out the baby's gender in the first part of June, we leave for our honeymoon! We'll be taking a European cruise which stops in Spain, France, and Italy! We booked all of our excursions, and I'm very excited! Hard to believe it's less than 30 days away!

Then, a trip to Dallas - which includes a baby shower my in-laws are planning for me/us. Following that (and lots of visitors over the next several months), my husband and family are planning (with baby) a Skiing vacation in Colorado! Whew!

In the meantime, we'll be working on getting that fence finalized at the house, the baby room prepared, our registry done, and hopefully we'll be able to bring around our finished Wedding Album when we head out to visit family!

Life is busy.. and I must admit. I love it.