Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whirlwind!

The Hubby and I are making the rounds on pre-kiddo trips. Over Memorial Day, we went to Kansas! It was only Saturday through Monday, and thus quite a whirl-wind trip! Although we mostly enjoyed it - - - it was... well, Kansas.

Although Kansas is where I grew up, the first word that comes to mind is typically not "family" or "home", but "drama." Since I've moved from Kansas, it's not a place where I go to relax, and often spend my time there stressed for one reason or another. I maintain that, in my lifetime, one of the best decisions I ever made was to move away.

I love my family in Kansas very much! I think that is the reason the hardships and turmoils of family hit me so hard.

We'll enjoy this weekend on a relatively low-key basis, and our European Cruise/Honeymoon departs in 10 days!