Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 months!

This picture has had a lot of hands... and feet.. in it!

It started as something daycare did with all the Baby G and her friends.  We had to "guess" which hand/foot print combination belonged to our little one in order to be entered into a drawing.

When Baby G came home with green paint under her nails, it wasn't hard to pick hers out!  Along with 3 other parents, Baby G was entered into a drawing - and I got to take home a white canvas with only hand prints and foot prints!

I had big plans for this canvas, but I had to get permission from the other kids parents to take pictures!  And in the end, I like how this turned out.  It's a little quirky - but so am I.  In many ways, it's very reflective of the art that I "try" to do.  The letters are not all the same size.  Some kids are close up, and others further back.

This canvas reminds me of a handprint project that I did as a kid, in Girl Scouts.  Anyhow - it was a fun project, and will eventually make it's way to Baby G's wall!