Sunday, February 10, 2013

Boats and Donuts

This weekend was a little "faster" paced than usual.

On Saturday morning, I ran in the Krispy Kreme Challenge!  The idea is to run 2.5 (or so) miles to the Krispy Kreme, eat a dozen donuts, and then make the 2.5 mile return trip.  Of course - you only are "required" to eat the dozen donuts if you are a "challenger".  I ran this race as a "casual" runner - ate one of my twelve donuts, and brought the rest home for the family to share!

It was a fun race, overall.  I haven't been training nearly as much as I should... but in the grand scheme of things, I actually finished almost in the top half... Woah!  That's a first/best place finish for me.

Now... truth be told... I did cut the course short a bit (since it wasn't well marked).  And as a "runner", I wouldn't say this was the best race.  However, it was fun to see the costumes (Pac Man and a Ghost, a "stroller" made into a Krispy Kreme Delivery Truck, etc).  I also (thankfully) didn't see as much puking as I expected!  And... I do believe that I finished ahead of at least of a few of Raleigh's finest po-po!

In other news, we went to the Titanic Exhibit today at the museum.

I enjoy going to museums, and I've been wanting to see this particular exhibit for a while.  It was laid out really well, and had some items that Kiddo was interested in (such as luggage), and some items that Baby G could actually explore (such as a large frozen iceberg).  All in all, I enjoyed it.  You also get a "name" when you enter the exhibit, so you can check in the end to see if you "survive".  Baby G and DH didn't make the survivors list.  DH was in first class, and Baby G in 2nd class.  I was in 2nd class and did survive, along with my son who was travelling in first class.  I've been wanting to go to this for a while, so I'm glad we made it today!

Hope you had a great weekend- and now it's back to work!