Saturday, February 16, 2013

Marathon Nostalgia

It's the eve prior to another Austin Marathon - and I must admit, I'm a bit nostalgic.

This time, a dear friend is doing her first full (Go, D!) - as well as several other friends doing the half - including my 73 (hope that's right!) year old friend.

Ahh.. The bib numbers obtained, the "last meal" eaten, the outfit laid out...

There just isn't anything quite like running a marathon.  Even biking 100 miles isn't quite the same.

You and the road and several hours of sweating and blisters and eating and water stops and everything in between...

My favorite lyrics that get stuck in my head and keep me motivated come from Madagascar - "You got to move it, move it!"

Good luck to all I know who are joining in the craziness (err.. fun?) tomorrow!  I'll be here couch-surfing and cheering you on!