Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cooking: Fail.

I really don't like the term "EPIC FAIL"... or Epic anything, really. Afterall, a "heroic" fail doesn't really make sense.

Anyhow... Today's cooking adventure was a cake to take to friends this evening.

At one time, I had thought about trying this cake for DH's birthday later this week.  Well, at any rate... I'm glad I didn't do that!

I started off with a chocolate mousse cake recipe:

http://lovewithfood.com/recipes/2285-chocolate-mocha-mousse-torte

Switched it to lemon.... didn't get enough grease/flour in the cake pans.... and still have yet to be able to get my lemon mousse to turn out (it's sitting in the refrigerator for a while longer, with the thought that maybe it just isn't cold enough to whip correctly)...

Anyhow...


It was a good idea.  I might be able to find a way to throw it together that doesn't look like a train wreck.


Or, perhaps more likely, We may wind up with something store bought instead.

And that is what I've been up to today.  That, and laundry.  But this would be pretty boring if I went into a long saga about my laundry today!