Friday, January 1, 2016

Year in Photo - 2015 Recap

Each year, I try to get a post up with my favorite photos from the year to recap.

This year was challenging - perhaps a sign that I truly take too many pictures!

After much thought, I realized that one 'theme' for 2015 seemed to be "New."

One big change for our family was Public School!  Mark started year-round Kindergarten at Morrisville Elementary, and gained a bunch of new friends.




Laura tried dance lessons, and got her first pedicure.










I embraced a couple new crafts - including fused glass, and adult coloring books.














We also welcomed some new neighbors!








Unfortunately, we were saddened to say goodbye to the oldest person I have ever known - Seth's Grandmother.  She was 97.





A few other highlights include travel, and crossing off one of the significant places on my bucket list: Niagara Falls.  We visited both the US and the Canadian side, and also spent a few days in Toronto.




Mostly, though, we just continued to enjoy and embrace family.  We made 3 trips to Texas and 1 to Kansas (2 for me).





But mostly - 2015 was spent spending time together.  We camped.  We fished.  We went to the beach.  We swam.  We played.  We dressed up fancy, we dressed up silly.  We did lots of crafts together.  We played cars and trains, and the kids invented the game "Airport Family".








I was especially proud to complete my fastest yet 5K - in Kansas, where I also got to introduce my cousin to running!


2015 was a year of joy and sadness, of experiences and adventures.  Bring on 2016!