Monday, December 27, 2010

The Craziness continues!


We've been in Texas for a couple of days, now, and it's been loads of fun! Since we got the White Christmas last year, we're happy that the White Stuff is staying in the east coast this year- and hoping that we are travelling late enough that the flight craziness will not be quite so bad for the future!

I love kid pyramids! Right now, with 6 grandkids, it's the perfect number for a 3/2/1!

Kiddo is keeping us entertained this holiday. He hasn't been into unwrapping gifts as much, and doesn't quite get the concept - but he is enjoying making monster noises, giving kisses and hugs, and walking, walking, walking!

He's been a great sport with all the family around. He's been enjoying the variety of animals (cows, dogs, goose).

There have been lots of cute quips and quotes. For example, we're listening to the TV in the background, and they are talking about how some individuals in a relationship "hide" or spend money without letting their partner know. One of the top things money is spent on? Online dating sites. If that's the case -- the problem is likely not that someone is "hiding" or spending money without consent!

With 5 kids (age 7 to 13 or so) and 2 adults in the same room, there was also lots of quoting and giggling - like "That's a fact!" - which I still don't exactly understand the story behind, but I know if I tell my nephews that's a fact, I will certainly get a giggle!

What else was new and/or interesting this holiday? The lack of drama. That's right- I feel like this was one of the least drama-filled holidays I can remember in a long time! My sister and I had a fabulous visit. My family enjoyed a relatively quiet Christmas eve- but with great food, presents, and lots of laughter!

I am sad that I did not get to see some family that I see almost every time I am in town- and I had to visit at least one dear relative in the hospital.

Love: Drama-free holidays!
Hope: We continue enjoying fabulous weather in Texas!
Do: Need to figure out a plan.
Where? Hanging out at the in-laws!
Weather? Sunny and just above freezing- with no snow on the ground but just a tad of ice on the puddles!