Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fortunate

I am feeling very fortunate that I get to head home for the holidays.

Christmas Eve, I will be surrounded by my family. The last time I was home (in Kansas) on Christmas Eve was a few years ago - and I have never been to a Christmas Eve in Kansas with my new family!

There will be plenty of people to see, and a few days to get it all in!

There are so many things I enjoy about the holidays - spending time with family, eating the "familiar" foods (things like Spinach Dip, Sausage/Egg Casserole, and mini-cherry cheesecakes, just to name a few!) and sharing stories and traditions.

For me, giving is also part of the fun!

To avoid over-packing for the holiday, we did our own Christmas today. Kiddo, of course, was a bit sick, so that was unfortunate.

My laptop will not be traveling with us - so I will be at the mercy of family for future posts!

Love: Holiday traditions, old and new
Hope: The travel goes smoothly...
Do: Need to finish packing! We leave in less than 48 hours!
Where: My usual "spot" on the sofa.