Saturday, November 12, 2011

Third trimester

Depending on your definition - I have finally reached the third trimester of pregnancy.

Might I add, being pregnant -for me at least - is NOT FUN.

This baby has moved quite a bit more than I recall with the first kiddo.  Although somehow, oddly enough, I'm not sure Kiddo has felt her or understands yet that he'll be a big brother soon.

We are in the process of redoing his room - and if everything goes as scheduled (which it didn't the first time around), he'll be in a regular twin-sized bed by Wednesday!  Daddy also decided to make his bed.  And by "make" his bed, I don't mean put the sheets and pillows on it - - I mean he intends to hand-craft, starting with the raw wood, some type of headboard and what-not.

Because I was out of town for a decent part of this week, DH had to hold down the "fort." At our house, that means daycare pick up and drop off, dinner, and taking the dogs outside 3x/day (since our onery girl-dog has to be kept on leash, even in a back yard with a 6 foot fence).  It makes me tired thinking about it! 

Although I do not travel much, I enjoy trips - even business trips.  I got my favorite tea (Argo bubble tea) three times, I did some walking (good for me!), and I got to meet several new people!  I gave a presentation, caught up with many that I work with from all over the country, and ate fairly well.

In a somewhat rare romantic gesture, my DH then met me at the airport WITH FLOWERS.  Purple carnations.  Perhaps the highlight of my entire week.

So - although it has been a good week - I look forward to a "routine" week before we dive in to the holiday season!


Love: Travel - and routine!  Balance is good (but harder pregnant).
Hope: Kiddo adjusts to his "new" room and big boy bed!
Do: Finish the cleaning and organizing project of the weekend:  Kid rooms!
Number: 4, for the number of nights spent away from home this week.