Sunday, November 6, 2011

Travels....

Away from home, and one word comes to mind:

QUIET


For some reason, in hotel rooms, I often neglect to turn on the TV.  Which means it is nearly silent.  Wow. That's something that is often hard to come by, with a two-year old at home!

Even when the day is broken up by plenty of meetings and receptions, the hotel room is a quiet escape.  It reminds me of when I lived alone (even though it was for a short time). 

I know many people who prefer to have music playing or the TV in the background.  For me, the quiet is somehow majestic, and seems to allow me to regain inner strength.  Okay, maybe that sounded too "heavy".

Regardless - for at least a couple of hours - I am going to enjoy the sound of silence.

Love: Quiet time
Hope: I come home refreshed!
Do: Meet more people...
Number: 4 - the number of different cheeses I sampled today!