Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Amazing Women

I am fortunate to have in my life many amazing women.

In my ideal world, I would post a blog a day to pay tribute to each of them.  However, today I've decided to "narrow the field" to focus on a fairly specific group.  This particular group has recently provided me with inspiration and awe.  I feel fortunate to consider each of these women a personal friend.

Who are these women?  They happen to be artistic bloggers.  Artistic - because each has a passion for a craft.  Whether sewing, crocheting, knitting, quilting, stitching, photography, painting, or some combination thereof- these women inspire and delight me.  Some blog regularly, some only sporatically, and some have a following within their 'artistic' field.  I appreciate them not only for their talent, but perhaps more so for their ability to share/blog - in pictures and/or words.  As you will see, these women range from new friends (a very recent friend whom I've just begun getting to know) to old friends I have known for 15 years or more.

My electronic visits to the amazing women typically include:

JD:  A quilter, and one of my oldest friends - she even has "tutorials" for others in the quilting community!
AF:  A seamstress, a fellow parent of a two-year-old, who will be sharing her work with me tomorrow (and I'm very excited!)
KM:  A knitter, who blogs about awesome socks, dogs, and other fun things (like dyeing your own yarn) and is a former coworker
MR:  A jack-of-all-trades (chef, seamstress, traveler, photographer, and I'm likely forgetting something) who ran a marathon with me and is fun to follow from "across the pond"
JL: A photographer, an inspiration even though we've had only a small handful of conversations
MM:  A stitcher (and chef and designer), a fellow tea and Scrabble lover whom I've known since I was in high school, and whose work I've made a small attempt at completing for myself

Note:  Click on the bold words to visit their website!

As with any list, there is likely someone I'm forgetting that deserves a nod here - so my apologies in advance.

To these women - Thank You for doing what you do - and sharing with me (and others) - your friendship, your craftsmanship/creativity, and your words!

Love:  Seeing the creativity of others in action!
Hope:  These women continue doing what they do!
Do: Continue to blog as much as possible!
Number: Six - because that is the number of women I feature in today's post.