Monday, July 16, 2012

Boundary Waters

In college, I missed the opportunity to take a boundary water trip with my youth pastor.  Since then, however, I've always had in the back of my mind to one day take this primitive camping type of trip.

The Boundary Waters are named because it is in Minnesota, but on the boundary between the US and Canada.  It's a common past time to take a canoe trip in the area - where you pack in and pack out everything you'll need.  No bathrooms and/or running water, no electricity.

I'm a huge fan of the concept of doing a week-long trip, where you get to spend time outside and bond with the natural world.  I think this would be an awesome type of trip to take.

For the time being, however, with two young kids, it's likely this is temporarily unrealistic.

But one day...