Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Orleans

Although New Orleans is not exactly a place I've "never" been, it is definitely a place I'd like to head back to!

I was there on a famed day in history... September 11th.

In fact, I had a flight scheduled for that day.  So, I was among those with interrupted travel plans.

Luckily, since I was living in texas at the time, I was fortunate enough (through a bizzarre arrangement which included me sitting in the middle back of a car) to make it home that day.

I definitely have not had my fill of the food the area is famous for!

I also visited the area once on a cruise with family, and spent time in Louisianna with the Crew team when we rowed in Nachitoches - where Steel Magnolia was filmed - and I did learn how to pronounce the name of the town correctly.

Although a bit of a digression... One of the hardest names I've ever learned to pronounce is in the North East -

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

I even have a key chain with the name of the lake on it!