Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Patriotic

So - I'm not sure where I could go in the US to be "Patriotic" that I haven't already been.  I've spent time in New York, Washington DC, and Chicago.  I've visited Boston and Philadelphia. My kids have an "Uncle Sam" in Kansas - literally!

So, I pulled up "Patriotic Travel destinations" on my favorite web browser.

The top six included one place that I would like to go (and five places I'd already been).

So today's travel wish-list destination?

Colonial Williamsburg

You'd think, now that we live in the middle of the east coast, we'd have gone to several of the nearby places.

I'm finding, however, that there are plenty of places to go/do/see - it just takes a little digging around and investigating!

The other five on the list I scouted out?  St Louis (really? yes, really.) - Washington DC, Boston, New York, and Philadelphia

And I actually lived in St Louis one summer, working as an intern with a big actuarial consulting firm.