Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Excitement!

Some Toddlers show their excitement by biting.  Part of growing up (and being in preschool full time) - at least for our kids - is being bitten.  Today I got the first "bite" report for my younger kid.  She's got jaw-marks on her arm/wrist.  Poor thing.

But I was so excited about everything else going on/happening today, that my reaction was somewhat subdued.

I have never won a radio contest.  Probably because you have to call-in to win.  But today - for the second time in the last 2 years - I did win a magazine contest!

Part of my "winnings" include 4 free "passes" to the "Big Muddy Challenge".  That is - for my whole family!!  I am ridiculously excited to be taking my kids - ages 2 and 4 - to their first "mud" event.  Wowzers.  I have been known to say that I couldn't wait for age 4 so my son could participate in a mud event with me.  And now, we all get to go and the passes were free!  Also included are several cookbooks, and coconut oil.  So. Excited.  It's basically a two mile obstacle course (I am picturing tunnels, perhaps a tire stomp, a balance beam - - and - of course - mud!)  DH may not go with us.  And I can't have my camera (I wouldn't want it to get ruined!).  But... I get to go play in the mud with my kids, and that makes me super happy!

All this on the same day that we FINALLY were able to book tickets to see family in Texas!  A huge score when the normally priced 350+ tickets were down to 225 or so.  When you have to buy 4, that's still quite a hit - - but a HUGE savings relative to their "normal" price.  Score!

So I've been in an overexcited state all day.  I'm blogging for my THIRD time this week.  (I won't be able to keep this up, I'm quite certain, so please don't get too excited!)

Having one thing scheduled led to another (the dog in the kennel) and another (a vet appointment for the dog) and then another (eye appointments for me and my hubby), and I still managed to send some flowers to my mama.  (Did I mention she just won the "Good Apple" award and that I am very proud of her?)

Whew!  By Friday, I may not have any more words for my "Coffee Date"... We shall see!