Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Coffee (or Tea!)

I've gotten a few nice notes and/or gentle "nudges" lately to return some "words" to my blog... so after a bit of a hiatus, I'm going to attempt to post some words today!

I like the "coffee talk" approach, and it's Friday- so I'm sticking to that as my theme.  In case you aren't familiar - or didn't read my previous "coffee talk" post - that just means that I'll be typing a blog post as if I were sitting and talking to you in a coffee shop, over a "cuppa".

It's Easter weekend - which means several things.  A few extra hours off of work and daycare (part of thursday, and all of good friday).  Fortunately, we were also invited to a playdate - which will make the day go by fast!  This is a natural egg-dying playdate.  SO - right now, in the fridge, I have spinach, coffee, and blueberries attempting to add some color to eggs.  Just to get fancy, I made a few brown and a few white in each of the batches, to see if egg color matters for the natural dying process.  After seeing the results after the eggs had finished cooking, I'm not very impressed.  I'm hoping tomorrow that I will be wowed- - or that one of the other party-goers will have more success with their selected ingredients!  We don't have any plans for Easter.  No travel for the weekend (in fact, it's practically a sin that we have no airline tickets purchased at this point in time!).  No food activities planned.  The kiddos did spend last weekend with Dad at Bond park, and they got to hunt.

In other news, I need to start studying again.  I've had the materials for a while now, so it's just a matter of cracking open the books.  That's on the agenda for the weekend.  We'll see if it actually comes to fruition!

I finally made an effort to plan a coffee-date in real life- the face to face kind.  After I had the people and the time - I learned that our chosen venue was "fully committed" more than a month out.  Which- I thought - was an odd way of saying "booked" or "sold out".  But anyhow... we're trying to determine whether to pick another date for our fancy afternoon tea, or to pick another activity for our already planned afternoon time!

I am excited about being a World Book Night giver again this year!  I have 20 copies of The Dog Stars just waiting for April 23rd, when I will be able to distribute to whomever I choose!  It is an awesome organization that gives books away for free one night per year.  This is my third year - the first year I gave away Ender's Game, and last year I gave away Still Alice. All good books!  (Of course- I still have not read The Dog Stars - so I guess I can't actually reccommend that one yet).

Enjoy your coffee - whether it is covering eggs, or a Starbucks!  Happy Easter this weekend to all!