Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lazy Days...

One of my favorite times of year is when the Cary Arts and Crafts festival is in Bond Park.  Now, I always forget whether it is called "Lazy Days" or "Spring Daze" - but I go every year!  This was the first year that DH decided to tag along - and the first time in several years that I did not have to tote a stroller around!

Aside from the "community" spirit that this brings - I love shopping vendors (or in the case of my 4 year old, "obstacles").  There were mermaids (www.ncmerfest.com) and in the kids area, Carolina Parent  (a magazine) was giving away free books for kids.  There were sport vendors, where the kids got to hit a baseball and win a poster from the local Soccer team.  There were several other kid-friendly stops along the way - clay spoons (www.sculpey.com), fire hats, climbing on a city bus, and foam pirate-hats.

For me - the best part is the local handmade shopping!  Here are my "finds" this year!

For Laura:  A little purse



For me:  A necklace.  Infused glass - my favorite!




For me: A headband.  Even though Chevron is not usually my thing- this was actually reversable!  I do like my "running" headbands a lot (Bondi band), but this is a bit more stylish!



For Mark: an airplane




Again, for me: A "tea" bag trivet.  This ceramic piece will replace something more "boring" that I keep at the office!





And even though Easter is a bit past - I really enjoyed receiving these pictures from a good friend.  Proof that I actually play with my kids (and don't "just" take pictures)... P.S.  This bubble wand was AMAZING, and is now on my wishlist!  It's awesome.