Monday, May 26, 2014

Daycare Stuff




Wow, what a busy week!

This post will touch on the parts of the week that were daycare related.

For two weeks every day, the parents of preschool take over Teacher Appreciation!

Today wraps up those two weeks. 

There are several components of teacher appreciation at our preschool.  This year, we did a lunch, a breakfast, bags, bonuses, and a video.

I was the "lucky" parent "volunteered" to do the bonuses for the entire center.  Friday was the last collection day, so next week I will get to distribute money!

I also volunteered myself- for the older kids- to make a "Thank You" video to provide to the teachers.

As for the bags, each kid is assigned two staff members (or 3 if you have two kids), for surprises.  This is one of the items I feel like I did pretty good at.  Each of our familie's 3 assigned teachers got some sort of "treat" each day - - from an apple or snack to a trinket or note to a gift card - over two weeks.  Some of my favorite ideas - - stolen from other parents doing an appreciation thing for teachers - were the s'mores kit:


And the hand soap:




Glad those two busy weeks are over!  I know the first day of summer is not "officially" until mid-June, but with today being labor day - it certainly feels like summer has arrived!