Friday, May 23, 2014

More Strawberries!


Strawberries are still in season!
 
This time, we went with Dad to pick. 
 
Mark and I picked together:




While Laura "helped" Dad pick.

























Laura got a bit "sassy" when I tried to take her picture.  "No picture, mommy."  She's not shy about saying "Leave me alone!" these days.




 

















And we had quite the haul this time!  Two full baskets.




So what are the plans for these massive quantities of strawberries?  I am doing the freezing of some to use during the winter, especially for smoothies- and possibly for a pie.  DH is making jelly again (Yum!  We ate it all up last year!).  And Kiddo insists that he is making strawberry ice cream on Saturday.  Despite the fact that we don't have an ice cream maker.  As DH said - that could mean we buy some vanilla ice cream from the store and have strawberries on top!  After all - - I don't think kiddo will know the difference - so I definitely think that's good enough for this time.



Maybe the boy will wind up with an ice cream maker on his birthday or Christmas wish-list this year...