Saturday, February 7, 2009

Get your shoes on!


Yes, my friends, it is time for a walk!!

Kobe went to the vet on Friday, and he has made a lot of progress. While at the vet, he was even trying to stand on only one of his back legs so he could scratch his ear. He didn't quite make it, but he did make the effort!

The vet was very pleased with his progress so far, and said that he will continue to improve over the next few weeks. Although he's still supposed to remain constrained most of the time (so he can't jump on/off furniture and he can slowly build back up to normal activity over four weeks), he can be out roaming around - - and he can start taking walks again!

I only wish that I could be more like my dog - and LIVE for walks.

Now, I do enjoy taking walks... However, I think a walk to Kobe (especially after having been on a strict bed rest routine for four weeks) is more like how I would picture new socks for a year, a $5000 shopping spree, or guilt-free desserts for a month! (I tried to work in starbucks, too, but it didn't work out this time. Maybe next time)

So - off we go - Kobe and I - for a much earned walk!