Friday, August 28, 2009

Sittin' on the Deck...

Sitting on the Deck and listening to the rain is quite peaceful! It's very dark... and fairly humid... But one thing about North Carolina (at least this year) - we haven't had a shortage of rain fall! This recent bout is probably thanks to Tropical Storm Danny (which never amounted to much, but is the cause of the rain I'm outside enjoying at the moment!)

Otherwise - things are pretty decent lately.

Baby is growing! At my 32 week appointment, I only gained 2 pounds over two weeks (much better than 4 pounds the prior two weeks).

My tooth definitely needs to be pulled - although at the moment, I'm considering waiting until after the baby comes!

As for Actuarial Exams... I decided to put the one in October on hold. I have mixed feelings about doing that - - but I don't know what life is like 12 days after baby is due. Most people don't/won't hold it against me. The truth is, I am hardest on myself- and I hope in the coming months I can come to terms with the decision!

There are a lot of exciting things happening over the next few weeks - - a baby shower, friends coming to visit, and birthing classes over the next few weekends. It's getting closer to baby's arrival, and I'm getting more excited as time passes! Once in a while I'll feel my belly and wonder, is that a foot? And how big is that foot? Playing "Identify that part" doesn't hardly get me anywhere, though.

I know things will be different in the coming months - - but I look forward to working into a new routine, and discovering a "new" normal.

Motherhood, here I come!