Sunday, January 4, 2009

How to name a blog?

Well it's a new year, right? So why not start blogging. I've been relatively religious about following blogs of a few friends who seem to make it look easy to just randomly toss down some thoughts for the day or week or moment. Not so sure it will be that easy for me to update, but why not start the new year with something new, eh?

Right. So how to name a blog? Oh - before that - I digress again. I had to explain what a blog was to my mom a while back. It's always so fun and interesting to try and explain something new to someone, and their reactions. Anyhow.

Starbucks, Shopping and Socks. Why? Well - those are a few of my favorite things. :) When I'm down, or need a pick-me-up, or just need some clarity and mental health, I can go to Starbucks, go shopping, or change my socks. I'm a big advocate of all of three, actually. I rarely pay for Starbucks - and I don't go daily (sometimes not even weekly!), but I always get a Chai. Sometimes tall, sometimes grande. Sometimes with Soy, sometimes non-fat. Once, they added a shot of espresso - - I made them refix it.

I guess I'm full of digressions today.

I rarely pay for Starbucks because I use my credit card rewards to get gift cards. When I'm out of gift cards, I either order a new one, or stop going. I especially like going to Starbucks in the airport.

As for Socks, I used to be a toe-sock fanatic. I still love me a good pair of toe socks, but really, socks are more or less a collection. Fuzzy Socks, purple socks, toe socks, socks that are clear, socks that light up.. I even had to get toe shoes once, just for the frivolty of it.

Shopping? That's something that mellows me out. I like book stores, and clothing stores, and even Target. Just walking around is great - although money seems to slip from my pockets just as easily as the latest and greatest whatever catches my eye. Just today, I was out and bought Christmas presents for next year. Not many people shop in January for the following Christmas!

So, there you have it. Starbucks, Shopping, and Socks is born. And no, to my knowledge, I can not shop for socks at Starbucks. Maybe the next post will be more relevant. Most likely, it will at least have some information about my beloved puppies!