Sunday, January 25, 2009

Normalacy?

I really want to make a post that says, "Normalacy returns" - - but what is that, really?

For us, being able to drive around town and get somewhere without the GPS has provided some comfort/semblance of normalacy. Still being "new in town," it's amazing how much little things such as having to use a GPS for everything make a difference!

This lack of using the GPS probably won't stick with us for too long, though, as the hunt for a house has begun! We are meeting with a realtor today, and we have gotten pre-approved so we know a price range. It's such a vast area - - and there are hundreds of houses to sort through! Right now, the task seems fairly daunting.

All-in-all, I'm very thankful for the last week of "quiet." Things will be busy with work for both me and the hubby in the next week (and I'm even doing a little work on a Sunday!) - - but the fact that it's work, and home, means that it's somewhat normal/expected. And I'm enjoying that.

Every time I think of something old/normal, though, something else new pops into my mind.. like the fact that tomorrow will be my 2nd brownie meeting, where I'll be helping as a coleader. It's girl scout cookie time, too! No worries, though - - the cookie baker assures us that none of the tainted peanut products were purchased and/or used in the making of the yummy cookies.

I think I've digressed here more than a typical post - - so I'll leave with just one more thought.

I like to think of myself as a forgiving person -- and I think, in many ways, that continues to help me navigate and cruise through my life in a way that leads to happiness. Everyone has a different path, I suppose - - but I'm quite satisifed with my life at the moment. Bad things happen to everyone - - but the quicker we, as people, can forgive, and find love and peace, the more we can cherish life.