Friday, January 16, 2009

Where to begin?

So few days - - - and so much to update the world on. Where to begin?

First and foremost, Thank you. (Yes, YOU.) SO MANY people have written emails, letters, posted to my Facebook account, called, stopped by my office, or just plain been supportive the last week. I am completely overwhelmed. I am greatful. I am inspired and encouraged by the generosity, compassion, and thoughtfulness of human kind. I am blessed beyond my imagination.

As you, my readers, may know by now, my father died in a fire at his home in Wichita, Kansas on January 9th. I think how exactly I feel about the situation is constantly in flux. There are moments where I am sad, and want to call to see how he is doing. There are moments where I am thankful that he was able to make our December wedding. I am glad he is no longer suffering. As the year continues, I imagine there will be several more feelings I will have to work through. What I know now, however, is that there are a multitude of people there for me. The memorial service was literally overflowing with people. My dad made an impression on so many people. He loved me, and I love him.

There has been so much more going on, although granted, it is all somewhat overshadowed by my father's untimely death.

On my 32nd birthday (January 14), my sister gave birth to her 4th child - Grace Elizabeth. I'm happy to report that my niece is healthy, after entering the world feet first! My sister is still recovering - both from the birth of the child, as well as from signing her parental rights over to adoptive parents. My sister is an amazing person who has truly had a rough life. At this point in her life, having the baby adopted is the best decision possible for the child. It will be an open adoption, and I got to meet the adoptive parents while my sister was in labor. We will be able to exchange pictures and keep in touch to some degree.

In other news, my dog Kobe is now home from the hospital and on his road to recovery. He is walking again - - almost on his own. He continues to grow stronger each day. He continues to be the apple of my eye, and an inspiration. Although agility can no longer be a part of his life, new adventures await him.

Thanks for reading!