Monday, March 30, 2009

Pie, Closing..

In response to the last blog - I couldn't resist. I had yet another piece of pie later that evening. And another one for breakfast the next morning. That made for 5 slices of pie in less than 48 hours. And what's more? Last time I was at the store I bought a (small!!) apple pie. I guess I'm on a pie kick lately. Maybe I'll actually MAKE a pie one day. Until then... perhaps I need an intervention.

We close on the house tomorrow, and we did our final walk through today. I am SOOO excited. This house is really awesome!!! I am very much looking forward to OWNING a house again! This time, I was more attentive to the details. The wallpaper in the kitchen isn't so bad. The "baby" room is green and the "guest" room is lilac/purple. The bathroom is in fact yellow - and everything else is pretty neutral. I found a really cool place to hang our huge picture. The back fence has some gaps in it that we'll need to take care of with chicken wire or some such thing even after we've fenced in the remainder of the perimeter. And the house has two really interesting tree stumps.

Anyhow.. Maybe my next task will be to count how many times I sign and initial at closing tomorrow, so I can provide a full report! This, of course, in addition to all the signing and initialing of the contract, the rental agreement, the fix it request, (in my best the King and I impression electronically) - et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!