Saturday, March 7, 2009

Scrabble

I guess it's time I blog about it. I'm addicted. I play 2-3 turns every time I log on to the computer, usually with different people and different ongoing games. Don't know what about it appeals to me. You'd think, since I'm a math major and an actuary, that words and letters wouldn't appeal to me. Not so my friend. I like figuring out how to get those special squares. I like obsessing about it. And many of my friends, particularly those I run with, beat me at regular intervals. My hubby beats me fairly regularly, also. Other times, he helps me play.

However, I still enjoy it. Throw me 7 letters anytime, and let the game begin!

When did this obsession begin? I like to remember back to when I was 8 years old. I remember my mom, dad, and I all playing for some reason. I know my parents were helping me - at least a little. But somehow, I managed to (or they let me) win. I have the score sheet to prove it - thanks to my wonderful mother, who saves everything. I hand wrote on it, "I beat my parents at scrabble when I was 8 years old."

Maybe that's why, to this day, I still enjoy a good game.