Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sports!

Definitely not my favorite thing in the world, but it does seem appropriate. This year was the first time I filled out a bracket! I did it on facebook, however, and only got half way through (didn't realize I needed to finish it so quickly).... So I'm only halfway there! I think Basketball may be my favorite sport to watch, either live or on TV. Before I left Austin, I got to see Kansas and Texas play last season- which was a great game, since those are the two teams I feel some sort of connection to for one reason or another. Kansas, because my dad was always a huge supporter. I grew up in Kansas, and also have several friends who are major Kansas fans! Secondly, Texas, because I married a good ol' Texas Boy.

In other sports news this week, however, we went to our local professional (NHL) Hockey game on Friday! The Carolina Hurricanes beat the New York Islanders 5 to 4. We sat up relatively high, but got to see all but 1 goal on our side of the arena. If I had to do it over again, I'd see if I could operate the spot light. You get to sit high up in the stadium, essentially all alone, and get to your chair by the skywalk/catwalk. That looked cool. It was also neat because that is the first time I've been to any professional sports game in a VERY long time. I've seen the Royals and Cardinals play in Baseball, but otherwise haven't seen anything. Austin is the largest city without any professional teams!

So, I guess that makes this sports week at our house. I think I like games better, though.

How much longer before the tourney is over?