Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nicknames

Yesterday, I was reminded of another way in which I am like my father.

I like nicknames. Specifically, I like nicknames for FOOD!

Have you had Maters? How about 'Nanners? Now that we're in Texas, hopefully we'll get some good Wocca-Wocca! There's also Sketti, and Taters of course...

Anyhow - those are the ones I can think of, and/or that I discussed recently!

Translations (even though some are obvious!):
Maters = tomatoes
Nanners = bananas
Wocca-Wocca= Guacamole
Sketti = Spaghetti
Taters = Potatoes

Spell check doesn't like this post very much.

Arrived in Texas yesterday, took "bug" swimming for the first time, and DH killed a snake on the farm. I can't wait for what adventures might be in store for us today!

Speaking of the Snake... He was crawling on the main window to the house. Maybe, for a change, we were the ones "in" the cage at the zoo, and he was watching the humans play?

Hope: Any of Snake-y's friends stay a little further away.
Do: Have more travelling today!
Love: A great adventure!