Sunday, October 10, 2010

Proud Mom



This may sound dumb. And by dumb, I mean really stupid. But I was a proud mom that my kid got dirty with his first birthday cake. And I mean really dirty.

The cake - and obligatory cake face picture - are attached. A good time was had by all (even though "all" translates into a very small group of people). According to a friend, I got bonus points for the chocolate and green icing! It was on a cinnamon swirl cake, and turned out pretty yummy! Although first attempt was a fail (chocolate cake - if you have silicon bakeware, spray it with pam first!)

I'm sure it will be a bit more emotional for me when kiddo is really one - which is another whole 6 days away!

So why was I a proud mama? Because I love getting dirty! I like playing in mud, and smearing stuff all over. I do the arts and crafts for the pure experience of getting messy! The clean-up part is not so much fun, but I definitely enjoy the mess. (Luckily, my house is typically not representative of the fact that I love messes!)

What do I mean by messy? Well, take the cake, for example. It's supposed to be a turtle (head to the right) and it has a "messy" charm to it. I'm no pro decorator, but I enjoyed making it!

I think Dad's part of the first birthday was opening all the kid toys - we have one spoiled little guy!

Next year, I hope that we can invite at least one or two of kiddo's little friends. By then, he'll hopefully have some requests and thoughts of his own that he can share with us!

Love: Messy face!
Hope: Readers enjoy his first birthday pictures!
Do: Need to get back to studying for the day!