Saturday, December 10, 2011

3 years, a new pet...

DH and I finally got around to celebrating our 3rd anniversary - it was the 6th, officially, and we opted to take care of the "easy" babysitting that daycare provides with a holiday Parents Night Out.  It was a magnificent day for me (with only a couple hiccups), and during pregnancy, those seem to sometimes be few and far between.

It was our Holiday event at work, which meant we got to skip out a tad bit early, which is always nice!  I came home - and didn't have to pick up Kiddo - and laid on the sofa, catching up on a bit of TV.  Then I took a nice relaxing bath, and even dressed up (read: makeup, blowdrying my hair, and jewlery!) for the occasion.

Once Hubby got home, he had our dinner spot picked out (a Mexican restaurant, not a dive and not a fancy place), along with an activity (a stroll through local business in search of a potential anniversary present).  My only request was pie for dessert.

As it turned out, we spent the night going "local."  Local eatery, local shopping, local dessert - - And did I say it was awesome?  Good company, and I was fairly relaxed.  Pretty good food, and we found a very quaint little store, where I will be back!

In our quest for an anniversary present, we found a match.  A little frivolous, a little silly - - but the kind of thing that is perfect for an anniversary.  A new pet.  Now, mind you, any four-legged creature coming into our house must get along well with two kids under 3, and two four-legged creatures (one in particular) who already run the house.  So, it suits that this particular pet is quite low maintenance.  This pet doesn't need to be fed, and doesn't shed.  It's very compliant (nodding "yes" often), and has a tail that wags.  It's a little big - but we are "big" dog people.  It's made of metal.  It's adorable.  I've named him Rusty.  Be sure to check back for a Wordless Wednesday picture of our new pal!

All-in-all, the perfect way to spend time with DH.  And to remember that at least sometimes, it's okay to be a little bit of a girl (with makeup and jewlery and all).  But mostly, to enjoy the company of my best friend and dearest companion.

Although I wish I could raise a toast to the love of my life, it doesn't seem right to toast with fruit-juice... so instead, I'll honor our relationship and the life that we share with a blog post.  (Wow.  Somehow that sounds so unromantic... maybe I'll think of better eventually!)

Love: My DH of 3 years
Hope: Our love continues to grow for many years to come.
Do: Need to finish getting Kiddo a couple of items for Xmas!
Number: 4 - the number of days we are into year #4 of our marriage!