Friday, May 25, 2012

Reading

Every once in a while, I get on a reading binge.


I've been on one of those binges this month. And sometimes, I hate myself for it! I'll do what absolutely has to be done (feeding the baby while reading, sneaking in a bit of exercise, updating the blog, etc.) but nothing more. No clean dishes or laundry, no vaccuming or cleaning. But alas, I digress.

Most of the time, I read trash. Romance novels or light mysteries are among my favorites. Often, these aren't necessarily books I'm "proud" of reading - just what I like or need to escape from the hum-drum of day to day.

I've always been around boys that like Science Fiction. So - on a few rare occasions - I've read a novel from the genre. One of my "surprise" favorite books - which I happened to have the honor of distributing for free on World Book Night - is Ender's Game.

Coincidentally, that's also our book club's next book choice!

So, recently, I read this book - for a second time. Yep, it's still awesome. Still had the problem of not being able to put it down. Even though book club is a full 2 weeks away, I'm already done. And it's probably a good thing, because there is plenty of dirty clothes and dishes and rooms in the house that I need to catch up on (just in time for a three day weekend!)

But the "awesome" for today is reading a book - for a second time. Wow, what a luxury. And when you already know it's a great book, it's just fun. Awesome, in fact.