Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rock, Paper, Scissors...

How do those "silly" arguments and/or choices get settled at your house?

At our house, every once in a while, a game of Rock Paper Scissors breaks out.

But first, I should confess to having a DH that competed in a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament at one stage in his life.

In fact, every once in a while as I do "random" laundry, a little Budweiser hand towel appears with a rock paper scissors logo on it and reminds me of that very occasion!  Not that I was present for it, mind you... it was something that happened long before I met my DH.

Can't remember whose turn it is to choose dinner?  RPS.

What about who gets to take the dogs outside this evening?  RPS.

Whose turn is it to change a diaper?  RPS.

So maybe this gives the wrong impression.  After all, we use RPS in our house on fairly rare occasions- and I don't remember the last time we actually settled something this way!

And even sometimes when we do, we have to square away the rules... you throw on the 4th one, for example.  I know this only because of DH's experience in making sure the rules were known from his RPS towel-winning experience. Anyhow...

Settling anything with Rock Paper Scissors?  Awesome.