Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby... Child... or Childish?

I have a confession to make: I'm not so sure about the baby thing. A week or so ago, a coworker asked me if I'm a baby person or if I'm a kid person. I could honestly answer that I'm definitely a kid person. I've always wanted a kid, mind you. But the pregnancy and the baby thing that goes with it? I hope it's worth it (and I have no doubt that it will be!)

Why a child? Well, I am a tad bit Childish for one. This picture, taken by my 6 year old niece, captures the essence of my crazy faces. My coworkers will agree that I often will make people smile by making a face - - sticking out my tongue is definitely among my favorite past times. Even as I grow older, I hope I don't grow out of being childish. Whether I'm walking through an airport (or Spain) singing camp songs, the only adult at a party jumping on the trampoline with the kiddos, or simply ignoring the adult "chatter" while I do gymnastics or yoga on the floor - - I fully enjoy embracing my childish endeavors. It's part of who I am.