Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back Porch, Ice Cream....

Today my favorite flavor is the "flavor of the day" at the local Frozen Custard spot - - so we are headed there after dinner.

It seems that every city has some local frozen treat... Like Ted Drewes in St Louis, and Amy's Ice Cream in Austin. For some cities, it's Raspas instead... and in places like Minneapolis, MN where it never gets cold - maybe they don't have quite the same fondness for sweet frozen items - - although I do remember eating a Monkey Tail at my friend's once (dark chocolate covered frozen bananna) - yum!

What's my favorite flavor? Well, I guess it depends on the day. :) A few I generally like above others include mint-chocolate chip and coffee. Today's flavor is mint chocolate chip!

We live within walking distance, but will we walk? We might if it weren't for the threatening rain. I warned my hubby that rain or no rain, we're going. He owes me a date. Plus, we've got our lovely screened-in back porch if we decide to bring our tasty treat home. We even sat out there together this morning and had breakfast.

It's the middle of the summer! Although the weather here has been pretty moderate, it's time for frozen summer treats.

When we visit my sister-in-law in Kansas, we typically go to her work and she buys our ice cream for us. She's a very sweet girl.

Anyhow - enjoy a tasty frozen treat today!