Friday, March 26, 2010

Oddities in a day...

A smart person once said, "simple minds are amused easily."

This has always been a phrase that describes me!

And if you look.. Just a little... you can think of something unusual nearly every day.

Today - there was a picture of a cake I saw. There's a website that evidently specializes in these unusual cakes. I don't know if it was the naked mohawk babies on carrots or the cake with the words written, "Leave Blank" that made me laugh the hardest.

And then, there was running into (and sitting at a table next to) the doctor that circumsized my son. I turned to my lunch date, and whispered, "That's the doctor that castrated my son!" Oops.

Although I'm not political, generally, I do feel the need to mention the 2396 page health care bill. I'm not making that number up. The fact that it takes 2396 pages to make a change is in my book - a little on the peculiar side.

There's the 85 and 87 year old sisters fighting in court for a $500,000 lottery ticket.

This week at a fast food restaurant, I saw a little person -- who you could only tell was a little person because she was the size of an infant (her feet were smaller than Mark's) but she had a normal size head, was speaking relatively plainly, and was there with her mom and dad. Odd.

Enjoy whatever oddities you run into today - - and if you don't run into something, it won't take long searching for you to find something!

Today: I am thankful for things that make you go, "Hmm."