Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spitup in my Hair...

Today: I am thankful for spitup in my hair!

I was away from Kiddo for the longest time thus far- including my DH picking him up from daycare this evening. It didn't really hit me, until I was on my way home... and about 2 blocks from home, I kept thinking all of these bad things! For example, what if I missed his bedtime? What if he had a rotten day and was fussy and I wore DH out? What if DH forgot to pick him up for daycare?

Alas, everything was well. He was relatively content when I got home, and had an overall good day! He was hungry (which was good for me!) and I got to put him to bed according to his typical routine, even though it was about an hour later than it sometimes is. Whew.

I'm definitely not quite ready to travel without him! Hopefully those momentary panic moments eventually lessen some - - although I guess that comes with the"mom" territory.

So, even with some massive spitup in my hair, I was glad that Kiddo had a good day.