Sunday, April 25, 2010

Walk!

A friend asked me this week, "Where is it you live that you can walk everywhere?"

I guess I'm lucky, really. I can walk to the daycare, the doctor, the dentist. I can walk to the grocery store, or the park. I can walk to yoga classes, or the YMCA. We've got a handful of fast-food choices we could walk to.

Yesterday, I walked to the park where there was an arts and craft festival going on. I love those things! I got a little something for everyone - a taggie for the boy, some scarfs and a toy for the pups, a salt scrub for me, and I shared my fresh-squeezed lemonade with DH.

Earlier this week, DH had to leave his car parked at the doctor. So, I walked to go pick it up.

Yes, I guess we are quite lucky. I don't consider where we live to be all that commercial, but I guess we do have several things conveniently located in 3 or 4 different directions! As DH quipped, "you're probably willing to walk further than most people!" ... I suppose that's true. It's not like any of these places are in our back yard, for instance! However, they are all within 1 mile or so.

Love: Walking
Hope: for "Normal" meals today
Do: more studying!