Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Flat L.


Today, I thought I'd share with you my neice's "Flat Stanley." I was honored that she chose to ship it to us in North Carolina, and I hope she's happy with the "return" results - which were put in the mail today!

Since she doesn't regularly check my blog, I thought I'd also post the "note" that went with it - so you can also see what we were up to with Flat Stanley around for the holidays!

- -
Hello, Class!

As you can see, I am “Flat Stanley.” My adventure began in North Carolina with Uncle S, Aunt R, and Cousin M (see above). Oh! I almost forgot the four-legged dogs, Kobe and Katie! They hung out with me, also..

After just a few short days in North Carolina, it snowed! Aunt R took me outside to play on the slide!

Of course, I didn’t stay in North Carolina very long- I got to travel by plane! It was an exciting flight.

My next state was Kansas, where I got to visit a Castle and ride on a horse with M.
I spent Christmas Day in the car, traveling through Oklahoma. It was a long drive along I-35, but my cousin played with me part of the time.

Ouch! My cousin broke my arm, but my Aunt fixed me with a band-aid. I got to visit a farm – complete with a goose named D.W. I spent some of the Christmas Holiday on the farm.

During the holiday, I got to go to the Fort Worth Zoo! I saw lots of animals, including the monkeys! I also went to the Kimbell Art Museum, but got in trouble for taking my picture there!

I had a short visit with L, but she didn’t want to have her picture taken with me. I also got to dance with a monkey that played the song, “Jingle Bell Rock.”
One night, we caught a sunset where the sun was turning red!

After I got back to North Carolina, I spent New Year’s Day visiting my Aunt’s friend. She put me in the Rabbit Cage!

Overall, I had a great trip – and I am looking forward to my next adventure!
Miss Rebecca says “Good Luck” to everyone with the rest of the school year.

Sincerely,
“Flat Stanley”

- - -

There were several pictures that went along with the note - and a few other surprises in the package! Since it has not yet arrived in Texas, I won't give away any more details here.

Love: Being a "cool"/"fun" Aunt to my neices/nephews!
Hope: My neice enjoys the packet and the return of Flat Stanley!
Do: Hit the books.