Friday, January 21, 2011

Focus?

Another post of scattered thoughts.

Why is it that my brain is always on over-drive and can't concentrate? Is it that I try and concentrate on too much during the day? Is it that there is too much going on? Is it that I'm female? Some days, I definitely wish I could flip the "off" switch. This isn't one of those days that I'm successful - so hopefully my lack of focus and direction won't prevent this from being an educational update, at the very least!

Somehow, my last post was on Monday and I managed to skip all the days inbetween this week. How did that happen?

I had a dentist appointment (two fillings and a cleaning, next up for my whities: getting started on the long, expensive, and painful implant process for a tooth I had pulled last year).

Kiddo has managed to fall from the 90+ percentile in weight to the 20th percentile! In fact, in 3 months (from his 12 to 15 month checkups) he managed to grow an inch while LOSING 2 ounces! I guess on a positive note, his head is still at the 70+ percentile level...

There has been lots of studying this week- I feel like I'm mostly on target. After failing 3 in a row, however, I'm a little frustrated overall - both with myself, and with the fact that I can't manage to do what it takes. Dang life sometimes gets in the way of studying. At least this time, I am headed to Chicago for a seminar - and luckily, the family will be following me for a few "play" days following the seminar.

There has been a couple of runs - even though I lost (probably with Kiddo's help) my single most treasured, most motivating piece of running gear: My Garmin. (It still makes me sad to think about it. I liked my Garmin so much that I got my dh one for Christmas, and now I keep thinking about stealing it!) For the meantime, hopefully it is keeping my phone company (which I also think is lost for good, and will have to replace sometime in the not-so-distant future. Bummer.) And I've managed to do at least a little bit of exercise every other day (the "odd" numbered days, if anyone is curious). Today's activity was a little bizarre - - working out to Nickoldeon on the Wii (a birthday gift), while kiddo was sleepy and maybe a bit under the weather from today's 15 month checkup.

Otherwise, I think I should point out that I follow a blog that always has a "fantabulous friday" posting, and I love it! I'm addicted. I don't know why it is so appealing to me to both 1) put my entire "life" - all of it's good and bad and the inbetween - on a blog, but also why 2) I am obsessed with following the nitty-gritty details and stories of other people's lives. Although, perhaps those are actually related thoughts- - and that I put my entire life on a blog because I enjoy so much when others do the same? Hmm..

Do: Work harder at getting out of my current "funk"
Hope: Today's prayers for my friend, HEM, who was recently in the hospital with some crazy stuff
Love: Sweaters in the winter. Even if my collection is much (MUCH!) smaller than my dear friend AW's.