Friday, January 7, 2011

January Holidays

You may have thought the holidays are over... but I'm here to tell you that EVERY day is a holiday! In fact, yesterday - January 6th - was "Cuddle Up Day."

What other bizarre holidays occur in January that you can look forward to?

Unfortunately, these have passed:
1/3 - Festival of Sleep
1/4 - Trivia Day
1/5 - National Bird Day

But there are some bizarre days still to come this month!
1/13 - Make Your Dreams Come True Day
1/14 - National Dress Up your Pet Day (Watch out Katie-girl and Kobe-dog!)
1/16 - National Nothing day
1/17 - Martin Luther King Day (quasi-legit)
1/19 - National Popcorn Day
1/20 - National Buttercrunch Day
1/21 - National Hugging day (perhaps I should have left this off the list.. I'm not much of a hugger!)
1/23 - National Pie day (Or Measure Your Feet day, if you prefer)
1/25 - Opposite Day
1/28 - National Kazoo day
1/29 - National Puzzle Day
1/31 - Backward Day

And for the record... I don't come up with these holidays on my own! I got a nifty, handy-dandy calendar with these holidays listed!

I also have a birthday this month - which I share with my niece (who will be two!) But why celebrate a birthday, when you can celebrate National Dress Up your Pet Day instead?

Love: Reasons to celebrate, even if they are on the silly side!
Hope: My fur-baby recovers from his major neck pain. Poor fella!
Do: Need to make up some study time - and sleep. But perhaps a shower, first?