Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cherry Pockets

I decided to make up a recipe recently, since cherries are in season.  I came up with this original recipe... which I am calling "Cherry Pockets" - and got my hubby's stamp of approval with, "I like this better than Pie.."

CHERRY POCKETS

2 c cherries
1/4 c sugar
2 T corn starch
1 sm can croissant rolls (4 per can)
2 T butter
2 T brown sugar
cinnamon

Heat cherries on med-high for 15-20 minutes until all the juices are released.  Add sugar and corn starch, and simmer until thickened.  Let cool.

Keep croissants in the rectangles (made of two croissant rolls).  Fill with cherry stuff.  Fold over, pinch with fork.  Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and then cook according to croissant package directions (add a minute or two if necessary).


(Note:  If you can only find the 8 per can croissants, double everything else and make twice as much!)